Weather Cancellation Policy
- The safety of our students, parents and staff are of upmost importance to the management staff of GLDA. GLDA will ALWAYS err on the side of safety. We will not intentionally subject GLDA students or staff to adverse conditions that could result in a dangerous driving lesson (please remember spring & summer thunderstorms can develop extremely quickly).
- That-being-said GLDA will make every effort to not cancel a scheduled drive lesson, but SAFETY COMES FIRST.
- Canceled lessons will need to be rescheduled on the Schedule2drive system by students or parents at a later time and date.
- For winter weather cancelations, when our local school districts cancel school, in most cases GLDA will also cancel lessons but not always. Weather can be bad in the morning and school districts may cancel or delay classes, however, by the afternoon/evening when drive lessons are scheduled, the conditions may have improved dramatically. It is ALWAYS best to check the GLDA website for current cancellations.
- We have several locations and weather conditions at and around one of our locations can be vastly different than another. We will consider the weather situation for a particular location and act accordingly.
- If your student is located at one of our locations taking class or already in a driving lesson and severe weather occurs, we will get your student to a safe place. If a student is in a driving lesson, parents will be contacted to let you know that they are safe. GLDA cautions parents from coming to the school to pick up your student until contacted or the weather clears. GLDA does not want parents to be at risk if the weather conditions are severe.
- If we have not cancelled the driving lesson and parents do not want the student to drive due to weather conditions, please cancel the lesson online and call or email the appropriate GLDA office to let them know and we will waive the late cancellation fee.
If drive lessons or classroom sessions are canceled due to adverse weather conditions GLDA will make announcements in the following order:
- Our Severe Weather website page (this page)
- Parent Phone Call
- Parent Email
- GLDA Office Voicemail
- GLDA's website (under the announcements on the homepage)
- GLDA's Facebook page
- Closure lists on WFAA, KLTY & WBAP (winter weather closings only)
IF THERE IS SEVERE WEATHER IN THE FORECAST...
Please contact your Green Light Driving Academy office for updates to cancellations if not indicated below.
Grapevine: 817-310-0193 // Coppell: 469-549-0002 // Roanoke/Boyd: 817-491-1700 // DPS Road Testing: 817-410-8378